Taking applications through 6/22/21.
Come work near Loma Linda, CA, with The Best Care Team on the planet! Although we prefer to fill our open Advanced Caregiver position, if you come with good recommendations and experience, we will consider you for a Caregiver position or Intern position and train you. With a team of 4 full time caregivers, you’ll be taking care of my husband, a patient who is paralyzed with a fully functioning mind. See my husband’s appreciation for his caregivers at pbs.org.
- Hourly rate is $23-$25+
- 1.5 times pay for overtime (more than 8 hrs/day) and some holidays
- Paid breaks
- Paid sick leave
- We are quarantined and enforce rules about things like hand washing and masks
- We evaluate you at 2 weeks, 2 months, and 6 months, and increase your pay rate based on the skills you’ve mastered
- You must have experience doing night shifts in order to apply. Our night shift is 8 pm to 4 am.
- The job is a minimum of 24 hours per week. Shifts are 8-9 hours long and will include 2 nights per week and some weekends. Additional hours (day and night) are frequently available.
- You must be alert while on duty and monitor the patient’s face to assess his needs.
- You must be able to assess a situation and identify when procedure changes are needed and quickly adapt to them.
- A 2-week probationary period is required to demonstrate you have the aptitude to handle the day-to-day job duties.
- Applicants who have experience with trachs, g-tubes, ventilators, and/or hoyer lifts are preferred—but this experience is not required in order to apply (training will be provided).
Day range $15-$17 per hour ——- Night range $16-$19 per hour
- Monitoring patient while he is awake and asleep
- Suctioning patient’s mouth as needed to clear his airway
- Clearing rainout in vent tubing and positioning vent on patient
- Understanding equipment alarms and settings
- Operating TV and patient’s laptop
- Using a letterboard for communication with the patient
- Moving the patient’s joints for range of motion as recommended by an athletic trainer or PT
- Light house cleaning in the patient room
Day range $18-$20 per hour ——- Night range $20-$22 per hour
Has mastered Intern skills and duties.
- Operating the back-up vent
- Performing trach suctions as needed
- Rolling the patient, positioning patient, and getting him comfortable
- Feeding and administering meds through g-tube
- Performing daily percussion and lung care
- Performing daily cleaning of g-tube area
- Giving the patient sponge baths and daily skin care
- Cleaning up BMs
- Using medical machines and equipment, including: nebulizers, ventilators, cough assists, suction machines, urinal, and communication equipment
Advanced caregiver position
Day range $22-$25 per hour ——- Night range $23-$25+ per hour
Has mastered Caregiver skills and can be left unsupervised.
- Placing the sling and transferring the patient
- Performing daily trach care and cleaning
- Leading lung care and other procedures
- Showering the patient
- Operating medical machines and equipment, including: hoyer lift, a shower chair, and a motorized wheelchair
To apply, please fill out the form below and in the message block, include your qualifications, relevant experience, and a reference’s name and phone number. Apply as soon as possible to increase your chances. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!